My host university- NABA

During two years at Coventry University, studying my dream course- International Fashion Business, I found out that I have an eye to graphics and I can do really nice stuff when combining it with fashion and the industry in general! I realized that my Erasmus year can be a good opportunity to develop those graphics skills. 

Therefore, when choosing my host university from a really long list, I decided to focus on graphic design and I choose NABA- Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti in Milan. I was expecting that during the course I will gain more theoretical knowledge and new insight for fashion and design. The second part of my expectations was totally fulfilled. If comes to teaching- I think everything could be better when studying physically. But we can start from the very beginning:

Everything started a bit later here. I came to the university for my induction week during on second week of October. The first proper classes took place in the middle of the month, where comparing myself with students from other universities I was a bit concerned, because they already had some submissions... I need to admit that the campus is very different from the UK's ones and my first impression was: it is such a big museum! The building is huge, white and looks very fancy. I really like the idea of it and that it fits the city perfectly! First classes was about Multimedia and Programming. I wasn't expecting to be a master of programming after this course, but I think it is a useful skill to have in todays world. 

Gucci Art Wall

The profesor was supernice and welcoming! I think I'm lucky enough in my life to have always good teachers and people around at the uni. Unfortunately I had only a few classes physically and then we moved to online teaching. It is a shame because everything feels a bit unorganized since then. The platform we are using at the university says nothing about deadlines and also there is no module brief, so instead of checking "what I need to submit this semester", I need to message the profesor directly. I totally understand that everyone is struggling with this situation and online teaching is not easy for teachers as well so I'm patient with that. The good thing is, they always responding with the solution and answers. I'm glad that the contact with professors is still on a good level. 

Picacoteca di Brere in Milan
Francesco Hayez's "The Kiss" (1859)


At the moment, everything depends on the COVID-19 situation, and we, in Lombardy, are supposed to be "yellow zone" very soon. I hope that things will back to normal also at the uni, I miss people and this student-friendly ambience. 

Komentarze

Popularne posty